Monday, February 14, 2011

My Valentine's Day, so far

I woke up this Valentine’s Day morning and quietly parted from the boyfriend. I didn’t want to wake him.
In slow motion, I tip-toed through the hallway, into the kitchen and inside the pantry, where in a hidden corner and behind cleaning supplies I had stashed the goodies.
Pausing occasionally to make sure I could hear the boyfriend still snoring, I started making my trail of Hershey’s kisses and love notes from the bedroom door to the kitchen, where his surprise awaited.
It wasn’t much, this surprise. Hanging from the refrigerator handle was a rolled up, home-made menu tied with ribbon. In it, instructions asked the boyfriend to choose an entree, two sides, a beverage and two desserts. I knew him well enough to know what he’d choose.
I then got ready for work, every so often peeking into the bedroom to smile at my boyfriend, who looked so cute and peaceful as he slept, despite the small puddle of drool dripping from his mouth onto the pillow (he might kill me for this, but I figure I could use the “It’s Valentine’s Day and you can’t get mad at me” card). He has insisted I don’t look at him while he sleeps, but I can’t help it, even with the drooling and snoring.
Anyway, I slipped into bed one last time to say my final goodbyes and then left, smiling. It was our first Valentine’s morning together and though he slept through most of it, it was kinda perfect.
Can’t wait to see what’s in store this Valentine’s Day evening. Promise to keep you posted. And lovely wishes to all this Valentine’s Day.
 
* Read more on my other blog, TakeChargeLadies.

No comments:

Post a Comment